Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sock It To Me


My first ever sock and the first time I've ever knitted on more than two needles. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever even used a circular needle! So a steep learning curve but already I am addicted. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a 'Sock it to 'em' kit from Get Knitted which I never received because Royal Mail lost it! So the wonderful Sue Morgan from Get Knitted sent another kit out to me, by recorded delivery this time, and the postie delivered it yesterday just as I had started rainbow dyeing some more merino tops. I was very good and finished my dyeing before I started the sock and just as well as I haven't been able to put it down since!

It has been a lot easier than I expected I think because the instructions are so well written. There is even a little bag to knit with the leftover yarn. Mum has already ordered a blue pair! Anyway, gotta go... the sock is calling! :-) Posted by Hello

No comments: