Saturday, June 11, 2005

One Sock Down


Posted by Hello
Hurrah! Finally finished the first of the Six Sox Knitalong's 'Chutes and Ladders'. This sock looks absolutely enormous so I had to figure a way to take a halfway decent picture of it on my foot and still get the cabling pattern. I think managed it! I took this photo of my foot resting on the wall and then had to turn it upside down so it didn't look totally bizarre. Thank goodness for photo editing software! I haven't knitted much in the evenings this week, been so so tired thanks to work. When I have knitted, I've been doing my sampler scarf of Shetland lace and I haven't got very far on that either!

Posted by Hello
The patterns I've done so far are New Shell at the beginning and Horseshoe closest to the needle. The yarn is the Jaeger 2 ply I dyed last weekend. I like the way the colours are pooling although I know this drives some knitters nuts!

I also attempted my first Kool Aid dyeing today and the jury is still out on that one. I dyed another ball of the Jaeger with Pink Lemonade and its quite patchy. I'm hoping its going to look variegated pink/lilac but fear it will be pink/grey - we'll see. Pictures to follow when its dry.

1 comment:

ShelbyD said...

Your yarn is quite lovely!