Saturday, July 30, 2005

Definitely Mad

Ok, ok, I know this is my second post for today and I know I'm getting a bit obsessive about this. But look!! I have knitted up the test pattern for the mystery shawl KAL and its in my own yarn! I think its lovely but then I would - I'm it's mummy!

The yarn has fluffed up a bit since I washed it to set the twist and now I would say it is slightly less than thick than Opal sock 4ply. It is so lovely and soft!

The test swatch was knitted on a 4.5mm (US7) Bryspun circular and is about 6.5cm high by 18cm wide, unblocked. I used the little 5gm skein to knit this and have used, at a guess, less than about half. I've got another 15gm drying at the moment and will be spinning more soon.

Right. That's it. No. More. Blogging. (Until next time :-))

6 comments:

teachingmom1@sbcglobal.net said...

Hi Sue, I'm Mary from California. Your swatch looks great. I love your yarn.I've made two swatches the first one looks great (Encore DK). I used that because I'm very inexperienced at knitting with lace and a chart. The second one was with lace and doesn't look like it should. I'm still waiting for my yarn.Mary

Danielle said...

That is gorgous! I can't wait to see how the MS turns out in it.

Liz said...

Ohhh, that's nice. I'm envious too. You are doing what my latest dreaming is. Have you been spinning long. Can't wait to see more. Is it Monday yet?

Liz said...

Ohhh, that's nice. I'm envious too. You are doing what my latest dreaming is. Have you been spinning long. Can't wait to see more. Is it Monday yet?

Sonya said...

I love your swatch, and your spun yarn is just perfect. I have been thinking of spinning some for this myself, but I am running out of time. I like yours much more than mine. I think I best find another yarn.

Teri said...

Ooo, yummm - Sue your wool is delicious! I'll be keeping an eye on your MS progress...