Saturday, July 23, 2005

Winnings

A few posts ago I mentioned that I had entered a contest run by the Traditional Knitting group as a part of their Shetland Lace Workshop. Well, I didn't win because there were some absolutely gorgeous scarves entered but the contest organisers decided to reward all who entered - very generous! My prize arrived this morning - a Bryspun US size 7 (4.5mm) 29 inch circular needle! This prize was donated by Dodie of Yarn For All Seasons in Oregon and it took a week to get here from the States so I am quite impressed! Thank you very much Dodie! Thanks also to Liz who wrote the workshop, Connie who organised the contest and also the people who judged. Okay - end of Oscars style speech! Well, at least I didn't cry or thank my Mum!!


As I've never owned a circular needle before, the first thing I had to do was have a go! :-) Of course, don't start with something easy Sue(!), I had to try 'magic loop' knitting and here is my little attempt. I like this technique so much I'm going to get a 2.5mm circular needle so I can make my next pair of socks with it.

Anyway, that's all the excitement for today! I have some absolutely gorgeous pics of flowers from the garden to post tomorrow.

No comments: