Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bored, Bored, Bored, So...

...I start something new!

I've hit a bit of a wall with all of my WIPs. Mum's socks are progressing. I'm about halfway up the leg of the second sock and the end is in sight but I'm sooooo bored with them. It's a real slog to keep going. I'm finding it hard to work on my Six Sox socks because I feel guilty about Mum's not being finished. No progress there then. Branching Out is going to come off the needles because I haven't touched it in over a month. I think I might make it wider like some people have and once I've sorted out the wider pattern I will start it again. The mystery shawl is in disgrace. I haven't worked on it this week because I've been too tired after work. I picked it up on Friday night did two rows and had to rip them out. So it's in timeout. Actually, I should be in disgrace because I knew I was too tired to work on it.

Anyway, on with the new! I've decided to make this. I love the celtic cable pattern. Of course, I started it this afternoon with Sirdar Calypso 100% Cotton. Not sure if the cotton is going to be suitable but I got dead on with the gauge swatch so I will persevere for the time being. It's the first time I've knitted cables from a chart and so far so good.

Except...

Can you see the mistake? This pic shows it better. I purled when I should have knitted or I held the cable needle to the back when it needed to be at the front or vice versa. Doh! Easily fixed though and only a couple of rows back. Must pay better attention. I was getting comfy with the cables and this is the result!

That's it for knitting content today, its been a slow week. I've got a bit of a treat though, a gratuitous dog shot because it's been a while. Max, for some obscure reason known only to his doggy self, likes sleeping with his head in a cupboard! Well we don't call him Mad Max for nothing...

Sorry about the yellow tint to this pic, Max is halfway up the stairs and it's really dark there.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Max you are too cute for words. Mummy does lovely knitting too.

Virginia