Sunday, August 28, 2005

An FO & A New WIP

I've finally finished Mum's socks. I think they take the record for reluctant progress, I just got a bit bored with them and it took quite a lot of moaning at myself to finish them! Mum loves them, but then she would - she's my Mum!! :-) They're made with Opal Magic colour 1036 knitted on 2.5mm dpns.

I haven't done a lot of knitting this week because I've been on earlies at work and just too tired when I got home. Also, I got a migraine on Friday and I'm still suffering the after effects. So I thought a little bit of brainless knitting might help.

This is a fisherman's rib scarf knitted in Sirdar Denim Ultra on 8mm needles. It is lovely and warm. I've got 5 x 100gm balls that I got in a sale - the whole lot only cost £3.50. I think I may have enough for a hat as well as the scarf but I'll have to wait to see how the scarf length goes first. I've got over 40cm out of the first ball.

Here's a close-up of the stitch.

2 comments:

twigletqueen said...

What kind of stitch is that? It looks a really interesting texture, or is that just the yarn?

Sue said...

According to my stitch guide book it's Fisherman's Rib - ordinary rib but you knit into the back of the knit stitch and purl normally. My Mum calls it twisted rib.