Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Gotta Love...

Public transport... NOT! It took me two and a half hours to get home from work tonight. The distance? A whopping 10 miles. My bus was due at 5.20 but is so often late that if it turns up within 15 minutes of that time I consider myself lucky. Sadly there was a bad accident on the motorway tonight and that made the bus late - one hour and 38 minutes late. Unavoidable and unpredictable and not the bus company's fault but still we are their customers, paying customers. Did the driver apologise? No. Did anyone at the bus station come and tell us what caused the delay? No.

When the bus finally got to my town the driver informed us that 'you lot' were being moved to another bus. The reasoning behind this was that the bus I was on left the city where I work at the time that the bus going in the other direction was due to leave there. The bus coming in the other direction had left that town at the time my bus was due to leave it. Still with me? So. Because the other bus driver was a 'big bloke' and would take too long to swap buses, the drivers had decided to move 'us lot' instead. Was that other bus anywhere in sight? You guessed it... No.

I waited 5 minutes and then gave up and walked the rest of the way home. That took 15 minutes. 10 miles equals two and a half hours. Fab.

No comments: