Sunday, August 07, 2005

In The Frog Pond

Well this week has been a week of knit a little, rip a little. I think I've finally managed to get the mystery shawl under control. I'm about halfway through the second clue after ripping it all out and starting again on Friday. Once I finish clue 2 I'll post a pic.

The Amble sock also visited the frog pond. I'd just finished the heel shaping when I noticed that I'd made two mistakes in the twist stitches - two of them leaned the wrong way, different columns same side of sock. After much agonising (I'm a bit of a perfectionist!) I decided that it didn't matter. I could wear them with the mistakes on the inside of my leg and no-one but I would know. Halfway down the foot and horror of horrors! I'd made a mistake in the diamond patterns right on the top of the foot! Right. That does it. RIIIIIPPPPPP! So now I'm back to where I was when I posted the last picture. Ah well! Once again, a pic will follow later when I have something to show for all this knitting!

It hasn't all been horrendous though! I did rip out Mum's sock because I discovered I'd lost a stitch and no amount of searching would locate it. Another agonising decision but I decided that it could cause big problems if it was there waiting to run all over the place if I left it. So after much re-knitting I've finally turned my first short row heel. I like it! Toe up socks are the thing for me I think.

Here's a close-up of the heel.

3 comments:

Allena said...

LOL that looks good i've decided to do all my socks with the short row heel and toe it's sooo much easier and faster than the other way.... i found this website very helpful!
http://nothinbutknit.blogspot.com/2005/06/hole-free-short-rows-little-tutorial.html
i hope it works for you!
have a great day!

Daisy said...

Which pattern are you using for the short row heel? I'm still using the Opal basic pattern and want to move on!

Annie said...

I agree with you absolutely about the short-row heel. It just looks so much neater. I'm knitting two socks on one needle at present and the short-row heels couldn't have been easier.