Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mystery Shawl Clue 2

I've finished the second clue for the Mystery Shawl KAL with a little help from the Lord of the Rings. Believe me a 3 hour-ish movie is great for moving the knitting along!

I had to frog back to below my lifeline that I'd put in at about row 60 when I noticed a rogue thread lying across the front of a stitch. That was slightly soul destroying. Things went very smoothly today though and I'm just about to put in anther lifeline. Better safe than sorry. :-)

In the picture, it looks like there are darker green stripes but when you see the shawl 'in person' they are barely visible. I've obviously still got a lot to learn about dyeing!

This close-up shows the pattern that is developing. I can't wait to see it finished and blocked. The next clue is released on Friday but my progress will be slowing down quite a bit after this weekend as its back to work next week and I think this will be a 'good light and not tired' project.

4 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Looks lovely so far! I agree that this is a good light and well rested kind of project. I just finished clue 1, must knit like crazy now to catch up :)

Debi said...

Love your shawl!

I'm glad you liked the beading info and glad I could help :)

Come back and visit anytime!

Beading Basics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bd--c361bc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.