Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sock & Scarf

I'm feeling a bit smug because I actually finished my first Amble sock! Now I just have to get going on the second sock.



This is the progress so far on the fisherman's rib scarf. It's just over a metre in length at the moment and I've just joined in the third ball. I had a bit of a bonus discovery too. This pack of yarn only cost me £3.50 and should have had 5 x 100gm balls but it had 6! That's less than 60 pence per ball - bargain! So I should have enough for a hat too. I'll start the hat before I finish off the scarf then whatever yarn is left over, I'll add on to the scarf length.

A close up.

The colours are a bit off because I took the photos really early this morning and it was in very hazy sunshine.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Now that looks like a most snuggly scarf!

twigletqueen said...

Wow, that's an amazing bargain, lucky you!