Saturday, October 01, 2005

Best Laid Plans

I can't believe it's October 1st!

I have a plan. Watch it go astray! :-) My plan is to finish spinning this little bundle of fibre by the end of the week and also to ply it with the equally little ball already spun. If I'm really good I should be able to do it by the end of the weekend, maybe even the end of today. But I know me, so I'm not getting too optimistic! The colours look ever so slightly different to me. The fibre waiting to be spun is apricot while the ball I've already spun is more a peach colour. Not much of a difference so it will be interesting to see how it plies. The little ball is about 15gms (1/2oz).

The sunrise was nice this morning. The first pic was taken at 06.30 and the second about 20 minutes later. The crescent moon really adds to this shot I think. It looked like it was going to be a lovely day but it has clouded over. We have real 'Constable' skies today but that's okay seeing as he is one of my favourite painters.

I also plan on getting more of Kepler's back done (still where it was on Wednesday - oops!) and I need to buy the yarn for the Six Sox KAL. Now I know what the pattern looks like I have a better idea of what colours I'd like to use. I think I'll be going with two solids as I'm not too keen on the version knitted with self-striping and solid.

1 comment:

Mary-Lou said...

Hi Sue (Number 35!)- thanks for leaving me a message, now I can try to work out what's gone wrong and fix it! Alternatively I can switch back to Flickr, as soon as I'm allowed some more bandwidth