Saturday, October 29, 2005

Better Than Nothing

I've struggled with my cold all week. I've been so tired when I got home from work that I've more or less eaten and then gone straight to bed. The good news is that I have next week off work and I'm planning to get some fun stuff done!

In the meantime, I have a little progress pic. I've turned the heel on the first Mosaic sock from the Six Sox KAL. I really like the construction of this heel - no picking up stitches! The increases are worked in the round while you are still knitting the instep and heel flap. It took me two attempts to understand how to work the instructions for actually turning the heel but that was me being thick more than anything else.

The sad thing is that I think these will be too big for me although I haven't tried them on yet. Looks like Mum might score another pair of socks for Christmas.

I'm using Sirdar Country Style 4 ply. Not sock yarn so there could be pilling issues. We'll see. They do look nice though!

No comments: