I had quite a productive weekend. I'm going to blog about it over a few days rather than in one mega-post. Hey I know its cheating but it works for me!
Sunday was dye day. I've only ever done rainbow dyeing so I thought I'd have a bash at solid colours. Well, actually, I was trying for a mottled single colour effect but I used to much dye. Ooops!
So! This is the first 50gms of merino. I used 15mls of dye solution. It is a lovely colour.
Another 50gms in the same pot of dye. Obviously a lighter blue because its the second lot in the same dye. I actually had a senior moment when doing this batch, I forgot to leave it soaking in the dye after the cooking time was up so its lighter than it should have been. Another lovely colour all the same. There is still quite a lot of colour in the leftover dye liquid so when my new fibre arrives this week I might do another 50gms.
Here they are on the line drying. I'll have more pics later in the week when they have dried completely.
And a gratuitous Max pic. Because I can. :-)
Coming soon:- socks, scarves and spinning, so stay tuned!