Saturday, October 15, 2005

Jealous...

...of all the people who are going (or have been) to Ally Pally. I've been visiting the show vicariously via blogs but, boy-oh-boy, do I wish I was there! Well, maybe next year.

In the meantime, I have Wensleydale. I'm still in love with it. I love the sheen, love the way is spins up and the way it took up the dye. Such a beautiful colour. The pic is taken with flash because the light here is awful today.

I've finished the first 'commuter' sock and have started the second. I decided not to try to match the stripes and I love the way they are turning out. They've become the lunchtime socks lately as I've been trying out the later bus I always used to catch until it started running horrendously late. It's way to full of school kids for me to have room to knit. Out of the five days this week I got to work on time once, 10 minutes late twice, 15 minutes late once and 25 minutes late once. I think next week I will be back to the earlier bus with knitting room!

Last night, instead of knitting one of the many WIPs I have, I started a new scarf. The pattern is in the new Women's Weekly Knitting and Stitching Special 2005 but it is widely available elsewhere I'm sure. Its a very simple pattern, on row 1 you wrap the yarn twice around the needle as you knit each stitch and on row 2 you knit through one of the loops and let the other drop off the needle. Simple! Nice, open, lacy scarf that knits up so fast I think it will be finished by the end of the day! :-)

No progress to report on Six Sox, Kepler or Branching Out. Bad me.

4 comments:

w said...

Love the commuter socks,what yarn are you using-those colours are so me.......

Erica said...

That Wensleydale looks gorgeous! Such a wonderful sheen, I must get some.

Dixie said...

That scarf looks great. I'd like to try that stitch myself.

Tracy said...

The spinning looks gorgeous!