Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That

I've had my first spam comment - somone offering me a penis enlargement. Thanks guys but I don't have the right equipment for that! I do feel like a real blogger now though.

Speaking of comments, Daisy asked me which yarn I was using for my commuter socks. It's Opal Rodeo #1153 chosen for its quite wild combination of colours! Oh, and while I'm at it, go check out the spider pic at Lynne's blog. God I hated those huntsman spiders when I lived in Oz. We had one in my Dad's house that used to sit just above the loo door - a real test of courage when you had to go! And yes, they really are that huge -yuk!

We had a nice sunrise this morning. I slept quite late for me so this pic was taken at the tail-end of the show at 7am. Took me a while to get my brain working and find my camera and memory card.

The merino tops I dyed last week are dry and look like this. Now I need to decide what to do with them! Its 100gms all together, 50gms of each colour. I think I will spin alternating dark and light sections and then teach myself to Navajo ply with it. Could be nasty! :-)

I achieved the goal I set myself last week! This is the peach/apricot spinning I set myself to finish. The colour is slightly more apricot than this pic shows. Once again, I need to figure out what to do with it now!

I've started my October Six Sox Kal. I'm using 4ply Sirdar Country Style in navy and light blue. The light blue often looks a lavender colour depending on the light. I really like the way they are turning out. I have a feeling the yarn will pill but it was cheaper than sock yarn and was in the shop just opposite where I work so I didn't have to wait for an online order to arrive. I must learn patience, I must learn patience, I must...

Max is recovering well from his operation. The vet told us to keep him quiet for 10 days - yeah right!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi there, I hope Max is feeling alot better about things now. We just had our kitten through the big op too! Poor things!

By the way, to avoid spam comments, switch on the option where anyone commenting has to type in a letter code. That should stop it happening again! It seems to be going round the knitblog world at the moment. I had one myself before i switched that option on.

Dixie said...

Those blues are simply glorious. I can't wait to see what you spin them into.