Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sniffle

I've been meaning to post all week but on Wednesday I succumbed to the germs that have been making the rounds of my office. Needless to say I've spent a lot of the last two days horizontal and thoroughly miserable. At least today my throat has stopped hurting and the gigantic sneezes have ceased and desisted for the moment and I can actually string two thoughts together. I hate being sick!

This photo is a bit of a cheat. I've done very little this week so I've lumped it all in the one photo to make it look better! The scarf was finished last Saturday by lunchtime! If you want a quick knit I highly recommend it. Pattern is from the Women's Weekly Knitting & Stitching Special 2005 and knitted with one ball of Sirdar Denim Ultra (the pattern uses Sirdar Bigga but hey! mine is stash yarn!) at the massive cost of 60 pence! It was sale yarn. I've done a little more spinning with the lovely Wensleydale. I still love it. Finally, the commuter sock has grown but has become the 'sickbed' sock. :-) I should be able to finish it today and then I want to concentrate on the Six Sox KAL Mosaics.

Oh, and molto excitement - I've joined my first ever exchange! The International Scarf Exchange 2, link in sidebar, has started taking sign-ups for participants and I decided to join the rush. I've never joined a swap because I'm not very good at hitting deadlines but even I should be able to produce a scarf in two months. I'm really looking forward to it and have already started thinking about what to make but can't make a decision till I know what my partner likes.

No comments: