Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Good Week

It's been a good week for acquisitions... again! I ordered 'Scarf Style' and 'Simple Socks Plain & Fancy' from Amazon. I love Scarf Style and have already started Ruffles in an old Sirdar mohair/acrylic blend I stole from Mum's stash. I've knitted about 15 inches so far and it needs to be about 7 foot long. I have a way to go yet! It's an interesting knit and quite amazing how the twists appear as if by magic! I only started it yesterday 'just to see how it would look' and I've knitted on nothing else since. Oops!

I was initially disappointed in Simple Socks but after I'd read it through I realised it is going to be one of those books that never makes it on to the bookshelf. I'm sure I will be constantly referring to it. If you want a book of sock patterns this isn't the book for you. If you want a book that will teach you to create socks and mittens in all sizes to suit all feet and hands - this is the one.

I have been doing a few other things.

I also bought this.








And this.








And produced this. It's still a bit wet at the moment and I can't wait for it to dry so I can ball it up and start knitting. I used 1 sachet each of grape and cherry and I'm quite pleased with the result. I was originally going to use two sachets but thought I try one first and see how it turned out. I'm glad because I think two sachets would have been a bit too neon bright for my liking!

I bought two of the Opal skeins so next on the agenda is an attempt at yellow, blue and green. I was already addicted to socks and dyeing but now it's morphed into dyeing for socks. :-) Can't wait to start knitting with it!

Finally, another pic of Max. Next one will be on his birthday! :-)

3 comments:

Erica said...

Great job with the dyeing. Careful, it's very addictive!

C x said...

Max is gorgeous. Please keep posting pictures of him. He reminds me very much of my mums old dog :)

C x said...

Max is gorgeous. Please keep posting pictures of him. He reminds me very much of my mums old dog :)