Sunday, November 13, 2005

More dyeing

Second post for the day but I had to share!

I've wound up the cherry and grape. It's a bit patchy but I like the variegation that gives. This picture was taken outside. I really like this colour combination. I thought it was going to be a big mistake but its turned out exactly as I pictured it! Can't ask for more than that!







I've dyed the yellow, blue and green Kool Aid. I love these colours! I used one sachet of Ice Blue Raspberry, two each of Lemonade and Arctic Apple Green because these colours were too pale with only one sachet. This skein is still sopping wet so the colours will lighten up a bit I imagine once its dry. I've taken two pictures one outside and one inside with no flash. Neither is a perfect representation of the colours - oh well!

My hands and house smell very sweet!

7 comments:

Helen said...

I really like the yellow/green/blue skein. What pretty colors! :)

NikolaAnne said...

How did you do your varigation? Space dyed? Or dip?

I've had good sucess with single colour, but want to try some varigation (that doesn't happen by accident! :-)

KnitYoga said...

The colours of the yarn turned out gorgeous! Did you hand paint them? The Ruffles scarf also looks lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's finished. I don't know how you found the constant turning due to the short rows with Ruffles but I found it a bit of a pain. It's definitely unputdownable though as it has a sort of rhythm about it.
Hazel

Kate said...

Love that cherry and grape. How on earth did you do it? We need a tutorial! The Scarf Style book is great - I've knitted several from it, there are several on the needles and there are several "must haves".

Woolly Wormhead said...

Ooooh yummy! I've been doing the same with easy acid dyes - did you soak the wool, sprinkle with the dye then bring up to temperature? That's what I did, info from Kemtex.. the dye sits in the water and filters down.. don't stir!

All this koolaid dyeing is addictive... looks great!

Woolly Wormhead said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

ooooh, the yellow/green/blue go so well together! great job!!