Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tagged

I've been tagged by Jan

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?

I don't really have one! I much prefer natural fibres to manmade but I'll use anything as long as I like the way it feels. I am rather partial to my own hand spun!

Your favourite needles?

Once again, no real favourite. I have metal Addis, bamboo straights and 'ordinary' metal dpns. I'm not a big fan of plastic straight needles but I have got some large plastic circs that I don't mind. Go figure!

The Worst Thing You've Ever Knitted?

My first and only attempt at knitting a baby bootee. It was GINORMOUS! I don't know what I did wrong but it was awful. I must have another go now that I know I can knit socks to the right size.

Your most favourite knit pattern?

And again I don't really have one. I am rather fond of my toe-up socks but that is less of a pattern and more of a collection of techniques I've cobbled together from various sites on the web.

Most Valuable Knitting Technique

Short rows. Love 'em.

Best Knit Book or Magazine

I don't have a lot of knitting books (yet!) and I don't buy knitting magazines regularly. I am quite impressed with Simple Socks, Plain and Fancy

Favourite Knit-Along

Hmmmmm. I think that would have to be the Six Sox KAL. Although I do suffer from performance pressure as everyone else finishes their socks so quickly!

Favourite Knitwear Designer

Don't have one

The Knit Item You Wear the Most

My hand knitted socks of course!

Which Lucky Knitter Gets this Next?

Katie!

No comments: