Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Crimbo Goodies

This is a very greedy me me ME post!

This first pic is of the goodies that were waiting for me on Christmas morning. Two balls of 6ply Regia sock yarn in colour #5180. 10 balls of Sirdar Salsa DK in colour #721 'Moonlight', enough to make the sweater on the cover of the January issue of Simply Knitting. A box of Thorntons chocolates and a box of Baileys truffles - yum! A watch which was a complete surprise! I lost my watch back in the summer and my wonderful Mum decided to replace it for me because I hadn't got around to it.

This is a close-up of the Sirdar Salsa. It is the most gorgeous colour. There are three colours plied together - black, blue and purple. The yarn is 50% merino and 50% acrylic, fuzzy and soft. Lovely. Of course, I have started knitting the sweater and I will have a progress shot later. It knits up really nicely and is also easy frog, surprising seeing as its fuzzy. The reason I know it is easy frog is, naturally, that I've suffered a bit from brain strain and more than once I knitted on the purl row. Duh!

This is the mega-cute ice cream scoop that my Aussie neices, Hannah and Abbey, sent me for Christmas. Thanks kidlets, I love it!!






Finally, along with all my other presents, Mum also gave me a bunch of flowers! I love flowers and don't get them very often so this is a very special gift. Thanks Mum!

Speaking of Mum, she loved her socks! They went straight from wrapping paper to feet and stayed there all day. She also liked her broadstreet mittens so a very happy day was had by all!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Yay! Happy Christmas as your house! And what lovely things you got. That yarn is simply yummy looking!