Thursday, December 29, 2005

Crown Me

With everything I have on the needles at the moment I, of course, started something new!

This is Coronet from Knitty. I knitted it in an acrylic yarn I found in Mum's stash. Its not a yarn I'd like to wear against my skin but its okay on my hair! The yarn is an Australian one, Panda Magnum 8ply Mist colour #347, a heathery green, knitted on 4.5mm bamboo straights and 4.5mm metal dpns. The yarn is old, possibly over 20 years old. Mum moved back to the UK from Australia in 1981 and I know she didn't buy any yarn the last time she visited Oz in 2001. So I think we can call it vintage yarn!

Here is a close-up of the grafted join on the cable band - its not perfect but I am quite happy with it. I realised I was doing something slightly wrong when doing a grafted seam and now that I've cracked it the grafts are looking much better.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Brrrrrrrrr bit chillsom isn't it!! LOL
Now about the wool! Not happy Jan with Spotlight at the moment, but I could do a deal with you. Quite like the multi socks that you made for June. I could get some wool from here and send it over to you and . . . isn't that a good idea :)

Meg said...

Weeeeellllll LOL. Let me know how much wool you need and colour. Then I suppose you don't know the colours LOL. I will go there next week.