Saturday, January 21, 2006

100!

I didn't forget! My blog is 100 posts old. I was going to celebrate with a pic of Max seeing as its been far too long since he graced a post but he's out and...

Angora!

Approximately 8.5 ozs (240 gms) for a fiver. I think that is a bargain! I got it from one of my favourite little craft shops. A real Aladdin's cave - she stocks such a hodge podge of stuff that you never know what you might find. I found this! :-)

It's not processed in any way so I'm about to give a handful a bath and see how it shapes up. It is so incredibly soft and not at all smelly and I was expecting smelly! This will quite possibly become a pair of mittens although it could be something quite different when I see how it spins up. Exciting!

I also bought some more sock yarn and knitting supplies. I was (honest!) going out to look for something for my SP7 recipient but... well... I kinda got a bit me, me, me-ish. Oops! The Regia 4ply is colour #5217. The little bracelet kit was such a bargain. I bought two of these kits several years ago and they cost about £4.50 each. This one was £1.50 and is shades of green. Lovely!

This has found its way to its new home in the USA. Melissa was the recipient of my ISE2 scarf and she likes it - hurrah! I was quite worried about knitting for someone I didn't know!

It's a crap photo but there was no sun around the time I had to take the pic and I couldn't wait for it to appear! Its the Irish Hiking scarf knitted in Jaegar Matchmaker Merino colour #655 burgundy. This is such lovely wool to knit with! Worth every penny and I will definitely be using it again.

Okay that's it. I'm off to wash bunny fluff! :-D

4 comments:

Allena said...

wow that angora looks wonderful! i've just gotten into spinning and i'm addicted. not very good yet but hopefully i'll get better!

melissaamy said...

I LOVE it! I thought it was more purple last night, but then right before bed looked at it in a real light and saw it is a lovely blend of burgandy with slight purple. Irish hiking scarf as well!

I have been too intimidated to do one, but I think I will try this year.

I cannot thank you enough for the lovely scarf. I really love it! I am only disappointed that today it is over 50 degrees F and I cannot wear it!

Cheryl said...

Look at all that angora! What a find. I wonder how it will wash up...

Nickerjac said...

Angora yummy...
Thank you for the link for my button, why don't you enter with something small like a hat the challenge not being the knitting but the time, or I did notice that JenLa had supporters button to.
Can't wait to see the angora spun