Sunday, January 29, 2006

First FO of 2006

Is socks! Surprise, surprise! :-)

Regia 6ply colour #5180 knitted toe-up, magic loop on 3.5mm Addi, short row toes and heels, 40 sts cast on. To make sure they fit, I increased by knitting into the front and back of every stitch after the ribbing and then cast off. Not my usual choice of colour but the yarn was part of my Christmas present from Mum.

Next, I'm going to finish the Sirdar Salsa sweater.

After that, sockapaloooza will have started so I'll need to plan what to make for my pal. When I know who it is!

The Thai restaurant was it's usual exceptional self last night. My friend and I had a lot of catching up to do so the eating was interspersed with lots of talking! For my main course I had monkfish in red curry, my friend had chicken in red curry. We shared the mixed starter and both had the same dessert, I don't know what they call it but it is a creamy, sponge and choc-honeycombe delight! Yum!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

They match perfectly, well done!

Lisa said...

Beautiful. How I'd love to learn how to do this. Everyone in my family would get a pair for Christmas. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

TutleyMutley said...

Does all that increasing stop the tight cast off and mean you can get them on OK?
I'm asking, Sue, since I'm just about getting to that stage in my first ever toeup sock.
ta
PS glad you like bookcrossing! Now take a look at my bookshelves and request any of my avl or tbr for a RABCK! Please.

Dipsy D. said...

The socks are beautiful, great work! Now I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished Sirdar Salsa Sweater! Best wishes from Austria!