Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Art Of Distraction

I don't know about you, but if I have a deadline I'm very good at distracting myself.

This morning I spent quite a lot of the morning on MSN with a friend in Australia. This afternoon, I decided I needed to re-organise my spinning and knitting stashes. Then I discovered my patchwork stash which made me wonder where my patchwork and quilting books were. Oh, and while I'm at it, why don't I re-arrange my bookshelves so that I can get to my craft books more easily.

Oooooh cookbooks! Look! There's my ice-cream making book...

So.

Sleeve.

Uh-huh.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm glad other people to things like that too! ;-)

KnitYoga said...

I do that all the time. There's a name for it - is it displacement or something like that - where you're unconsciously distracting yourself with other things in order to avoid the one thing that you know you really ought to be doing?

Rain said...

Ha ha, join the club! I've done everything but knit too.

The sleeve is looking very pretty, it's a really interesting pattern.

blueadt said...

I do exactly the same & then with hardly any time left used to write excellent assignments (according to tutors comments & marks) at the last minute whilst at Uni. I'm not as bad now but still do it a bit.