Sunday, February 05, 2006

Meg's flamingo socks are in progress. I'm not sure if I like the way this is patterning yet and I can't say why. It will probably grow on me once the colours have repeated a few times. Anyway, me liking them is immaterial as the finished item isn't for me!

Now I've got over my fit of pique I can say that I don't hate Simply Knitting. I was just grumpy, as much with myself as the pattern. I did the old knitter's trick of 'keep knitting, keep knitting, it will be okay'. Mind you, it wouldn't hurt if they employed a half decent proof-reader. Some of the pattern errors are simple mathematics. Even I know that casting off 6 sts at the begining of the next two rows when you start with 22 sts will mean you have more than 8 to cast off on the next row... But I'm over it. Honest!

I'm getting nervous/excited about the upcoming Knitting Olympics - weird huh? After all, who is going to know if I fail? Oh... wait... the other more than 2,500 knitters involved. Oh crap!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I really like how the socks are looking. Makes me want to pull my ball of it out and start knitting!

acrylik said...

Ooooh, I love that colour! You have so many lovely sock yarns here on your blog - all beautiful colourways. I shall have to note down the Flamingo for a future buy!

TutleyMutley said...

I'm getting nervous about the Olympics too - and i'm a late starter! I've just had my mum around to measure everything I could think of to measure - she's 54" bust! aaaargh.
I like how the flamingo socks are shaping up - kind of clouds at sunset appearance.