So, after two weeks of mad knitting, what did I get out of my Olympic bid?
- I can knit to a deadline!
- I can knit on only one project if I'm strict with myself.
- I can knit and blog during the week even if I think I'm too tired.
- Three needle bind-off.
- Knitting sleeves in the round.
- Not all 100% acrylic yarn is made by the devil. :-)
- There are tons of really lovely, supportive, talented people out there in blogland who'll cheer you on even when they are facing their own challenges.
- My cardigan cost me 15 days and less than £4.00!
- Oh, unless I add in the cost of the bamboo needles I bought especially for it which adds almost £10.00 to the cost... ooops!
- But they are re-usable so the cost doesn't count!
- To be honest, I'm not sure I would do it again!
- ...can't think of anything else!
I lied about not knitting today!
I picked up Meg's Flamingo sock this morning. The purple line is where I'll be doing an afterthought heel - my first.
Last night I didn't knit but I did un-knit. I frogged the Sirdar Salsa sweater and here is the proof. I'll most likely be using another Garnstudio Drops pattern for it as I really liked their pattern I used for the Olympics.