Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympic Review

or 'Wot I Done Larned'

So, after two weeks of mad knitting, what did I get out of my Olympic bid?

I learned:
  • I can knit to a deadline!
  • I can knit on only one project if I'm strict with myself.
  • I can knit and blog during the week even if I think I'm too tired.
  • Three needle bind-off.
  • Knitting sleeves in the round.
  • Not all 100% acrylic yarn is made by the devil. :-)
  • There are tons of really lovely, supportive, talented people out there in blogland who'll cheer you on even when they are facing their own challenges.
  • My cardigan cost me 15 days and less than £4.00!
  • Oh, unless I add in the cost of the bamboo needles I bought especially for it which adds almost £10.00 to the cost... ooops!
  • But they are re-usable so the cost doesn't count!
What I would do differently if I did it again:
  • To be honest, I'm not sure I would do it again!
  • ummmmmm...
  • ...can't think of anything else!
Post Olympic Life
I lied about not knitting today!

I picked up Meg's Flamingo sock this morning. The purple line is where I'll be doing an afterthought heel - my first.



Last night I didn't knit but I did un-knit. I frogged the Sirdar Salsa sweater and here is the proof. I'll most likely be using another Garnstudio Drops pattern for it as I really liked their pattern I used for the Olympics.

2 comments:

Rain said...

Mwahaha! Didn't think you'd be able to stop knitting that abruptly. I've been itching to start something new.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Acrylic is made by the devil y'know, I saw him making it. Honest.

;) x