Saturday, February 04, 2006

This & That

Sockapaloooza matches were made earlier this week and I've started thinking about what to make for my pal. I've been given quite a broad scope but there are a couple of specifics. One will be easy, one requires a bit of thought and planning. Hmmmmmm...

Not a stitch has been knitted on the Sirdar Salsa sweater for about two weeks. Must be a good girl and get stuck into that today.

Instead, during the week I did some shopping. Heartstrings Beaded Swirl socks pattern. The Opal Rainforest Flamingo and Rodeo Cotton #1170 were both chosen by my friend Meg (in Oz) who has been promised more socks.

The Opal Rainforest Doktorfisch is mine, mine all mine! Yes, the Rodeo is in the same colour as Mum's Christmas socks but the hints from Oz were quite persistent: 'Ooooo! I like them. I really like them.' I'll be buying at least another ball of it because I really like it too!

I've also started another pair of socks for me (what? what?) using the Opal dye-your-own yarn I dyed with grape and cherry Kool Aid and the Sockbug's Lacy Scallops pattern. I've completed two pattern repeats and I like them.

You'll notice that they are on bamboo dpns... also new. I ordered them from MCA Direct along with some 4mm bamboo dpns and a 4mm bamboo circ for my Olympic knitting. MCA sent a metal circ instead of the bamboo but that was sorted with one email. If you are looking for fast and good service I can't recommend them enough. They promised to put the correct needle in the mail that day and told me to keep the metal needle. I have ordered from them before, I got the yarn for my ISE2 scarf from them. And, if you need another reason, they don't charge postage if your order totals over £5.00. Good huh?

3 comments:

Rain said...

Yay for knitting for yourself!

Thanks for the rec on MCA, they sound like a really good company.

You've definitely got some gorgeous yarn there and I can't wait to see how it turns out once knitted.

HazelNutcluster said...

I love McA too. I got into a right muddle with my logging in once and they were very helpful and friendly :) I'm waiting for something from them myself. Yay! for postage-free!

Lynne said...

You're doing lacy scallops too! Cute yarn :-)