Saturday, February 18, 2006

Woot!

Lookie, lookie, lookie! A finished body! This just absolutely zoomed along today. I almost finished the left front last night but just couldn't keep my eyes open long enough. This morning I started early with every intention of getting the body finished but no real expectation that I would. By lunchtime, I'd finished both fronts so I knew it was possible. Knit, Sue, knit, knit!

A close-up of the ribbing on the back neck. This is a far better representation of the colour of the yarn but it still isn't quite right!




My first three-needle bind off. I like this technique! This means that the only sewing I have to do is sewing in the sleeves - good!




The three-needle bind off from the wrong side. So very, very neat!

Excuse all the loose ends. I will sew those in tomorrow but tonight I want to get the first sleeve started.

6 comments:

Rain said...

Blimey! Where'd that come from? talk about speedy knitting.It's looking fab.

I really like a 3 needle cast off too. It's neat and anything that saves sewing is a winner in my book.

wendy said...

Looking good - those needles of yours are smoking......

Anonymous said...

Nice work! That ribbing at the bottom is lovely, too. You're almost done...knitting those sleeves will be a breeze!

--Sockpal

TutleyMutley said...

Wow, way to go, Sue!

*what* is a three needle cast off?

acrylik said...

Wow, fantastic, Sue! Love the three needle cast-off, it's so neat!

Dixie said...

Three needle bind off is like magic, isn't it?