Friday, March 31, 2006

The Beginning...

...of playing with the new toys. :-)

This is my first attempt at needle felting. I was going to take a pic of the felt before I embellished it but I got carried away, so here is the final product. The first pic was taken with the flash and, as usual, has washed out the colour but it does show embroidery and beads quite well. The second pic, sans flash, is a better representation of the colour but is a bit fuzzy due to camera shake.







On Tuesday I ordered an acid dye kit from P&M Woolcraft which arrived today. These are 'proper' dyes :-) rather than the Easy Peasy dyes I've used before. The kit includes 5 colours: red, blue, yellow, jade and brown plus a mixing cup and measuring spoon. I also ordered some syringes in different sizes, so I feel a bit like a mad crack dealer or something - but be assured they will only be used for dyeing!

3 comments:

Rain said...

Who needs crack? Yarn is my drug of choice.

The needle felting looks fantastic. It's gorgeous and looks really effective. I love the embroidery and the beads.

Meg said...

LOL felting looks great! Hmmm mad crack dealer me thinks or something LOL. :)

Angi said...

And speaking of new toys...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I love everything, and the Curious Yarns sock yarn is BEAUTIFUL! Some of my favorite colors. You have been a great pal, and it's fantastic knowing who you are finally. You know I have to stalk your blog now, right?