Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sockapaloooza

Not much progress to report seeing as I had to rip out most of what I did last weekend. However, I do have a completed foot and have started on the lacy rib and I like it!

I've used a short-row toe but changed my mind about a short-row heel. Instead, I used the instructions on Chery's blog to do a heel flap and gusset style heel but working from the toe rather than the top-down. It's quite easy to do and looks good. The instructions are written for 2 socks on 2 circs but I had no trouble using 5 dpns.

I'm not quite sure yet if I will need to add in extra stitches or perhaps go up a needle size when I get to the calf. My pal's legs are much much skinnier than mine :-) so I will see how the socks look on my porky pins before I decide.

Here's a close-up.

3 comments:

Helen said...

The lace ribbing is beautiful!

Rain said...

The lacy stitch is really pretty. I really like the colour.

Soggy Desert Rat said...

Oh, lovey, lacy, lavendar le sock! (well, had to make 'sock' an L word somehow!)