Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wool And Sticks Of A Different Sort

My little sleep-deprived Ebay purchase arrived today. Of course, I had to have a go straight away. It's quite easy to stick weave and produces very quick results!



I made a few mistakes at first in wrapping the yarn around the sticks which you can see in the close-up but I did get better as I went on.

I'm going to use some of my handspun next.

All of the progress I made on my sockapaloooza sock had to be frogged. Sleep deprivation and even stitches don't seem to go together in my world - oh well!

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Cool looking! Completely over my head but cool looking!

Rain said...

I've never seen anything like that before. It looks cool.

Cheryl said...

I've never heard of stitck weaving before. What sorts of things can you make with it? Garments? Scarves? Looks pretty cool.

Woolly Wormhead said...

You're quick off the mark! I haven't used my sticks yet and I've had them a year!