Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ho Hum

I'm a bit depressed - I've just being working out prices to go to Woolfest. The train fare is £73.30 and the only hotel room I've found in Cockermouth (I don't drive so I need to be within walking distance) has a 'basic' single room at £48.00 per night. That is a lot of cash before I even think about workshops and spendies so I'm not sure if I'll be going.

Sigh.

***Edit - there is a Youth Hostel in Cockermouth and I'm a doofus! Still sighing over the train fare though...***

6 comments:

Wye Sue said...

Not sure if I'm going or not... but if I do you can have a lift - or a seat in the car !
Will try and make decision after Easter visits....
If you can find somewhere nearish to stay, I was looking at 'stay on a farm' site a while back...

Daisy said...

What about National Express?

sal the spider said...

It's in summer, camp! Cheap and cheerful is my motto - and more to spend on wool. Have just got my tent back after it was borrowed for one night - last August!!!Hols sorted for this year!Phew!
Sal x

Rain said...

I say camp too!

National Express or Mega Bus may get you there cheaper and they often have good deals in the summer. Or trawl the message boards for people going and see you can grab a lift and split petrol.

It is a pain to get to, so I hope you sort something out.

Cheryl said...

I know how you feel, the big one around here is Maryland Sheep and wool, I'm sure you've seen mention of it in Blogland! But hotels are expensive and I'd have to take some time off work, plus get down there... Just don't think I can make it happen this year.

Woolly Wormhead said...

I'm sure you will find other folk going, so can share expenses. I'm fairly certain I'll be there, yet mother has this grand idea at that I'm staying at hers and going from there - you're more than welcome to join us!