Saturday, April 22, 2006

Purchases

As promised, here's what I've bought this week. I have a sneaking suspicion that Daisy is going to be disappointed...

The first virtual shop to be visited was Amazon. Three sock books found their way to my home. I've wanted the Charlene Schurch and Nancy Bush books for a while now. The Spin-Off Socks book was a bit of an impulse buy but well worth it seeing as I want to spin my own sock yarn.

Next, my keyboard took me on a trip to Texere. The things that fell into my basket here are all 'to be dyed' items. Wool/Viscose tops, Mohair tops, Cotton slivers and a 'Dyer's Delight' pack of animal fibres - 3m each of 15 different yarns. I'll need to get some fibre reactive dyes for the cotton as I only have acid dyes at the moment. How sad more shopping will be required (after pay day, of course!)

Also from Texere, a 400gm cone of 4ply 100% Merino lambswool for, ermmmm, socks. There was actually a reason for this purchase... Dye-o-rama! This yarn is soooooo lovely and soft and, oops!, I got far more than I needed so there are a few pairs of socks in that cone for me.

Finally, this morning Mum and I went shopping to buy her some embroidery materials she needs and we both also bought some yarn. I was relatively restrained and only got two balls of Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4ply to make the Denmark socks from Knitting on the Road and some 3mm, 3.25mm and 3.5mm dpns - well, just because! The Jaeger is a sage green colour - one of my favourites.

So, now off to play! :-)

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Nah, any sock knitting stuff is cool! And it means we'll get some exciting dyeing pics in the future too! ;-) Have you found the errata websites for two of your books? I also own the Nancy Bush and Charlene Schurch ones (and they're fab) but it can be helpful to have the errata! ;-)

http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/be_knitting_road.asp
and
http://www.martingale-pub.com/Information/Corrections/B687_cor.htm

Silvia said...

First up thank you for your comment in regards to my spinning attemt!! And secondly I am glad to know my keyboard isn't the only one that 'drops' things into the Virtual shopping baskets on yarn sites!!
Can't wait to see more of your Socks and dyed yarn

Rain said...

Great shopping - and all without leaving the house!