Thursday, April 13, 2006

Six Sox Sixth Sense Socks

Phew! Try saying that fast!

This is the latest sock in the Six Sox KAL and is called Sixth Sense. It's quite a simple pattern made jazzy by the garter stitch on the toe, heel and top of the leg. The yarn is the Opal dye-your-own I dyed a while ago with Kool Aid. The flavours I used were Ice Blue Raspberry, Arctic Green Apple and Lemonade. The green is pooling but that doesn't bother me but I thought it would! I think if the colours were more vivid it could quite possibly drive me nuts! The colours are very spring-like.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Love your sock! Just got to wait for my Koolaid to get here now, then I can have a go too!

Rain said...

I love the dye job, the socks look really bright.

Dixie said...

Great dye job. I love the design of that sock.

Katie said...

Great dyeing job--the colors you chose look very pretty together! And very spring-y.
About the pooling--I'm not bothered by it either, I always wonder why other people are. I think it looks nice. =)
Great job!

jenknits said...

I love that yarn...great dyed colors! Isn't that pattern fun? I love the heel and it helped a lot to learn the new technique with all the great help from the 6soxers.

sal the spider said...

Soooo pretty!
Sal x

Dee said...

They are lovely, very fresh and Easter-y.

Patti said...

I saw you socks on the 6Sox home page. Dying yarn is something that I want to try soon. The colors you chose are just lovely.