Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sockapaloooza


I've finished! It seemed to take forever to do the leg of the second sock. I suppose I hadn't yet turned the heel last week when I was knitting on the train to the NEC but I've had to really force myself to keep knitting these this week as I've had a real bad case of 'want-to-start-something-new-itis'.

Stats for the interested. Opal Uni colour #18, knitted on 2.5mm bamboo dpns. The pattern is my own knitted toe up with a short row toe, heel flap and gusset, and a lacy rib pattern on the leg. At the top of the leg I knitted into the front and back of each stitch to give a wavy top and to make sure the cast off wasn't too tight! Okay so I cheated - want to make something of it? :-P

Now they are going to have a little lavender scented bath and then I'll have to think about how I'm going to wrap them up so they look nice and pretty for my pal.

5 comments:

Rain said...

The socks are a gorgeous colour.

I'm terrible for wanting to start new things in the middle of another project and really have to force myself to finish it.

sal the spider said...

They are lovely! I fancy trying toe-up, now this may be a dumb question(:-)) but how do you know when to put the heel in? With cuff down I start the toe with 2" to go. So do you measure to the heel? The instep?
Sal x

Angi said...

I love the socks. They are very nice looking and the color is stunning. I'm am so totally going to steal the idea of a lavendar bath for socks before sending them off. Care to share how to do it?
Now it's onto to working through the goodies you sent! By the way, did I say Thank you yet?

jess said...

I love that color and the pattern! congrats on finishing. :)

alison said...

What a funny picture - the legs look so skinny! You can tell the patterning is lovely, though. Great job!