Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bad Day Ends Well

I've had a tough day at work today - I knew it was going to be but it managed to exceed my nightmare-ish expectations! I've been awake since 4am worrying about this and that.

BUT! The day improved dramatically when I got home because a box of goodies was waiting for me. A box of goodies from the US. A box of goodies from my Dye-o-rama pal! It has only taken four days to travel all the way across the Atlantic! My dye pal was Jeni who is a talented dyer and very kind and generous as well. That's a bar of California's best chocolate and a beautiful project bag from Lantern Moon! I love their stuff but this the first I've owned. :-) Best of the package though, is definitely the scrumptious yarn. Jeni included the blue because she didn't think the variegated skeins would be enough for a pair of socks. I'm genuinely overwhelmed by her generosity. Thanks so much Jeni!

I'm going to be sending the 'pansy' yarn to my pal. It looks even better re-skeined. I've had to promise Mum I'll dye another similar skein for her! I'll be getting it in the post later this week as I too have a few little extras to include...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love the colours of your pansy yarn. As a new addict I'm curious - what dyes do you use?

Rain said...

What a lovely package. The yarn is gorgeous.

Your pansy yarn looks wonderful and I'm sure your pal will be delighted with it. It sounds like your Mum is in love woth it too.

Daisy said...

Oooh, all that yarn looks SO tasty!