I've dyed another couple of skeins of sock yarn and although I think I have what I want for my Dye-o-rama pal, I'm going to continue to experiment!
First is a plum and green skein - don't be put off by the colour in the pic I just can't get an accurate representation! It really is plum and green. This is more of the 100% merino lambswool 4ply I got from Texere and is the skein I think will be for my Dye-o-rama pal.
Next is a skein of orange and chestnut although once again the colour is not accurate - its not quite this neon! I'm not sure I will be able to reproduce this one as the dye was sucked up in the one spot so I had to fiddle around with extra dye to get the whole skein done. I do like it though. I never thought I'd like orange but there you go!
Oh dear more wool to dye! The 2 cones at top left are both 400gms of 4 ply merino, the one top right is 400gms DK and the little 100gm cone at the bottom is 2 ply laceweight. There is about 800-ish metres on that little cone if I remember correctly! Love Texere!
Finally, I've started knitting Pomatomus from Knitty. This is a lovely pattern and for me (so far!!) is an easy knit. I've done one full repeat of chart A and its looking lovely! The yarn is one of the ones I dyed a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I'm worried about is that it might be a bit too big because its more stitches than I would normally knit and is on 2.75mm needles also larger than my usual. Oh well, we'll see!
I might be frogging the Denmark socks too. Not because of the pattern but I'm not feeling the love for the wool which is Wendy 100% superwash wool and it feels quite harsh to me. I think I will rip out and start again with some of the DK from Texere once I've dyed it.