Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Finito

I've finished Meg's socks! Opal Rodeo Cotton colour #1170 knitted on 2.5mm dpns. I need to get the cabled cardigan for my pregnant work colleague finished next. I'll be working on the Denmark socks from Knitting on the Road as my commuter project.

Plus there will be a few dye experiments. This is one of them. I bought a 100gm ball of cream Sirdar Country Style DK which is 80% acrylic 20% wool because I wanted to see if I could dye it. I don't have a lot of choice in yarn in the city where I work and sometimes I can't be bothered to wait for an internet order to be delivered. So I thought why not try to create something unique from what is readily available. I didn't really care how this turned out I just wanted to see how well it dyed. Although the colours are not really me, I'm impressed! I rainbowed dyed it with three colours - squirts of yellow all over the skein, then red on one side and blue on the other. I've given it to Mum for her charity knitting. Sorry about the quality of the picture it was rather grim and rainy and getting late when I took it.

Its all such fun! I just need to win the lottery so I can have more time for the fun...

5 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm impressed with how the Country Style has come out!

Emma said...

I think the hand-dyed is beautiful. Nice job!

Ava said...

Great sock! what kind of heel did you knit?

Rain said...

I'm really impressed with the dye job, it's worth knowing it dyes up ok for the future.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Cool that cheaper acrylic mixes dye up well - looks great!