Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

Yes, yes, I've joined up again! Here are my answers to the questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?

I prefer natural fibres but I like some acrylics – gasp! What I really can’t stand is really crispy, crunchy, squeaky acrylic. I’m not a fan of eyelash and novelty yarns but at the moment I’m knitting some eyelash yarn scarves for my Aussie nieces – the things we do!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I’ve got them in a selection of glass vases.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I’ve been knitting FOREVER! I would consider myself an intermediate/advanced knitter but as pride comes before the fall…

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have an Amazon wish list, please email if you’d like the link

5. What's your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I don’t like florals or vanilla but I do like lavender, citrus, patchouli almost anything ‘aromatherapy’

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?

Do you really need to ask? Chocolate is my favouritest.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I’m a bit of a craft floosie! Over the years I’ve tried many different crafts but with most once I’ve mastered the technique I lose interest. At the moment, I make candles and soap, jewellery and yes I spin on a drop spindle. A spinning wheel is in my very near future, like in about a month.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like rock, i.e. Bon Jovi, U2, Nickelback and lots of Aussie bands no one has ever heard of. I can play mp3s.

9. What's your favourite colour? Or--do you have a colour family/season/palette you prefer? Any colours you just can't stand?

I don’t wear red but I like most colours - purple, green, blue and pink the most. I’m not really a pastel person

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my Mum and have a beautiful border collie called Max.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves hats and mittens – yes. No ponchos – I’m a poncho free zone

12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?

At the moment, small stuff like socks & mittens

13. What are you knitting right now?

Ummmm socks! A cabled baby cardigan and Ruffles from Scarf Style


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Oh yes please!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?

I’m happy to use either straight or circular and prefer bamboo, wood or Addis but I will use whatever I have.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have a ball winder and niddy noddy but not a swift

17. How did you learn to knit?

Combination of Mum teaching me as a kid and being self-taught since

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

I don’t have any ‘official’ UFOs although I’m on about my third different yarn to knit Ruffles from Scarf Style. I like this one but I don’t pick it up very often and its only about 2 months old at the most.

19. What is your favourite holiday?

I’m not really into celebrating holidays but I love winter

20. Is there anything that you collect?

I have a small collection of teddy bears

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don’t have any magazine subscriptions. There isn’t anything I’m dying for but, if you’re an international pal, anything that we can’t easily get here in the UK would be nice, like Knitpicks who won’t ship here.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I still haven’t learnt 2 socks on 2 circs!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Oh yes! Foot length: toe to heel: 9.5 inches, toe to ankle: 7.5 inches. Foot circumference: 8.5 inches. Ankle circumference: 8.5 inches. I wear a UK size 6 which is equivalent to about a US size 7.5 - I think!

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

June 14

No comments: