Sunday, June 18, 2006

All Cabled Out

The cabled baby cardi for my work colleague is finito!

It was knit with Sirdar Snuggly DK 100% acrylic in cream on 3mm and 4mm needles. Overall a fast and enjoyable knit but I changed the placing of the cables on the front of the cardigan as they would have disappeared once I began the sleeve and neck shaping. I haven't done a brilliant job with the ribbed band, I could probably have done with picking up less stitches than the pattern specified because its a bit wavy. It looks okay though and I don't think it will look so bad when worn by the (yet unborn) baby.

My work colleague specified an 'aran-type' cardigan in a traditional cream colour and we both decided that wooden buttons would look nice. The buttons came from Dragon Yarns and it was the first time I'd ordered from them. Very fast and efficient service. They have loads of nice buttons too.

With all the other things I 'should' be knitting I've, of course, started a pair of socks with my gifted Dye-O-Rama yarn. It is gorgeous, yummy and scrumptious to knit with and feels really nice on! I've done the toe and heel in navy merino I dyed myself because I didn't want to mess up the stripes. I think it fits in really well and looks like its 'meant' to be there! :-)

I can't possibly be over-enthusiastic in praising these colours. My pal called it Autumn Carnival - perfect! They are super-gorgeous and I think these are going to be socks I wear almost constantly. Is it nearly winter yet?

Thanks again to Jeni for doing such a fab dye job!

3 comments:

Steph said...

The cardi looks sweet. I love those socks!

Rain said...

The cardi looks great and I'm sure the mum-to-be will love it.

The socks are turning out beautiful. The navy does look like it should be there and reall compliments the way the yarn stripes.

Cheryl said...

I love that little cabled cardi! Well done! I think it will look just fine on the baby; the ribbed band won't look weird when it's being worn.