Sunday, June 11, 2006

Baby Cardigan Progress

I've forced myself to concentrate on the cabled baby cardigan this weekend and, not surprisingly, have made some real progress. The first picture shows the back and sleeve one and the second picture shows the front and sleeve 2 in progress. I'll get sleeve 2 finished today and also want to pick the stitches for the front and neck band - all 200 odd of them... blurgh! I'm using Sirdar Snuggly DK in cream. I bought way too much yarn but Mum has said she'll buy the excess off me. Your eyes don't deceive you, the cables don't line up over the shoulder. I changed the cardigan fronts because the pattern as written meant I would have lost the cables once I started the decreases and that wouldn't have looked good!

My current 'commuter' project is the French Market Bag from Knitty. Yarn and yarn use idea courtesy of my SP8 spoiler. The Coldharbour Mill yarn is fabulous to work with and is definitely going to be added to my 'buy lots more from these guys' list.

The next project I must start on (and soon!) is the bookmark for my bookmark exchange. I think I've pretty much decided what to do I just need to decide on the colour scheme.

Anyway that's it. Not a lot to report but with the warm weather and a mad, mad time at work, not a lot is being done during the week. Roll on July when I have three whole glorious weeks off work (except for the one day conference I have to go to.)

1 comment:

Rain said...

The cardi looks really cute and is flying off the needles. Good choice to shift the cables, I hate it when they are poorly placed for decreases.

The market bag is coming along nicely too, can't wait to see them both finished.