Friday, June 02, 2006

It Is Friday

And I'm posting - how weird is that?

My swift arrived from P&M Woolcraft yesterday and I had to open it because it is my birthday gift from Mum and she didn't know what a swift was and wanted to see it. (I thought if I made that a really long sentence you'd believe I had to open the parcel :-P) It is a beautiful thing. I have to wait another 12 days before I can have it... dang!

I finished the Wavy scarf from Knitty last Monday and have only just got around to photographing it. This is for my bestest mate ever, Meg, whose birthday was... uuummmmmm... 3 days ago. I'll be getting your parcel in the mail Monday Meg, promise!

I've started spinning the wool and viscose tops I dyed a couple of weeks ago. I quite like the way this is turning out. I'm not being too careful as I want it to be slubby and thick and thin. I've yet to decide whether or not I'll be plying it but I probably will.

I've decided to take the Pomatomus socks off the needles because I'm going to knit them on smaller needles (2.5mm) and I have a few other things I need to get done first. One is the cabled baby cardigan for my work colleague and the other is my new 'secret' project for my SP8 pal. :-) I won't be saying much about what I'm planning on sending to my pal as I have a UK partner this time around and I have a sneaking suspicion that they read my blog. So... shhhhhhh!

5 comments:

Rain said...

I'm sure Meg won't mind a bit that her present is late once she sees it, it's gorgeous.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Blimey woman, you have been busy again! Too busy for me to keep up ;) It's all looking gorgeous, as usual! How are you finding the viscose mix to spin?

TutleyMutley said...

1) Slap your wrist with a wet lettuce leaf for opening your birthday presi early! Excuses, excuses!

2) Meg is a very lucky woman.

Meg said...

She doesn't mind at all :)

ra said...

I went down to 2.5 with the pomatomus and they're still a bit baggy. Next time I'd go to 2.25 or even 2mm.