Sunday, June 25, 2006

Le Tour De Fleece

It seems to be the weekend for good ideas! Other peoples' good ideas that is, my own brain is a barren wasteland. :-)

First there was the Knitting Olympics. I competed and completed and all was good.

Next, the Knitting World Cup. I sat this one out as I knew I'd be horrendously busy at work and my challenge was just to survive. I have but only just! ;-)

Now there is Le Tour De Fleece.

For the three weeks of the Tour De France spinners everywhere will be challenging themselves. Mine will be to spin up the 'clown' tops I dyed a while ago. I want to knit a pair of socks out of it. So I need to spin roughly 100gms in three weeks, doesn't sound like much but I haven't been a particularly dedicated or productive spinner lately! Also, I may (hopefully!!) finally be getting a spinning wheel and then my challenge will be to learn how to use the wheel to produce my sock yarn. Sounds tough to me! At least I will be on hols from work for duration of the challenge which is going to make it a whole lot easier! :-)

So, c'mon spinners! Join up and compete for cycling/spinning glory! :-)

(I do actually like watching the Tour de France - bit geeky I know!)

3 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

The Tour de Fleece may just be the very first of hese events that I sign up... should check the dates, and hope my Hitch-Hiker gets here in time!

Dixie said...

I don't spin but I'll be anxious to see what you create.

And we can discuss Le Tour too. I watch it every year, each day that's it's on. I actually feel a little lost when it's a rest day.

Lynne said...

Dang! As always, I find out about something three days too late, like the Tour de Fleece...
Now you haven't been taking performance enhancing drugs, have you? Or blood-doping? You don't want to be disqualified!