Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Knitting Post

And a sad and sorry tale it is too. I originally made a typo in the title of this post and typed it as 'the knitting pose' which turns out to be a bit of a Freudian slip really. I appear to be posing as a knitter rather than actually being one at the moment.

Part of the problem is that I'm 'supposed' (pressure is only coming from me I hasten to add!) to be knitting a gift for my SP8 and although I love the yarn and love the pattern, I'm finding it difficult to commit. I blame the heat partly but mostly its me being my usual procrastinating self. Of course, I can't show you the progress on this WIP which makes this an even sadder post.

No progress to report on the French Market Bag. I haven't touched it since I've been on hols. It was my commuter project though so I will picking it up again on Monday. (How sad am I that I have to go back to work? Wahhh!!) I still have only one sock made from my Dye-o-rama yarn and that is a high priority once I get the SP8 gift finished.

I've started two projects while I've been on holiday - gloves and a hat from my handspun for Meg and Branching Out from Knitty... again!

Meg's gloves have moved on a bit since this picture was taken. If I just sat down and worked on them though I'd finish the second one in an afternoon. Oh well, maybe if the weather continues to cool off I'll manage it. I haven't started the hat yet but will be using this pattern. Meg is a Harry Potter fan so let's hope she doesn't take offence at being given a Dobby hat!

This time Branching Out is a keeper. I'm knitting it from my handspun Wensleydale (from the last post) and there isn't one thing I don't love about it! I love the colour of the yarn and its subtle variations and it has a bit of a halo too. I've always loved the pattern but never been happy with the yarn I was using. I love it and I know I'll wear it.

And that's it. Told you it was a sad and sorry tale. Oh well! :-)

5 comments:

Wye Sue said...

Sounds like a lot of knitting to me.
Looking forward to tomorrow ;-)

Dixie said...

I think you're doing plenty of knitting too!

I just finished a pair of socks today and started another pair. My two Branching Out scarves and my Cozy wrap are almost forgotten by me now that I have been bitten by the sock knitting bug. :)

Rain said...

I'm sure she'll love her Dobby hat (not that it'll look anything like one). The gloves look fab so far.

Branching out looks lovely in that yarn. It must be very satisfying to be knitting with something you've spun yourself.

DianeM said...

Your branching out is gorgeous. I'm just about to start this pattern - I have not knitted much lace before and it seems to be a popular one to start with.

Meg said...

dobby cute but quite talkative - err is there a comparison:)