Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tour De Fleece Final Update

Here is a summary of all I've spun for Le Tour De Fleece.

From left to right at the top: Purple variegated merino being transformed into gloves and a hat for my mate Meg in Australia. The original challenge, the merino clown tops. Purple and green merino, Navajo plied. Green wensleydale being transformed into Branching Out. At the bottom left to right: Blue-faced leicester, my first wheel-spun yarn. Silk singles spun from silk hankies. More wensleydale.

All in all not a bad tally considering I'd never used a spinning wheel before! Everything was started on a drop spindle and finished on the wheel except for the clown tops, purple and green merino and blue-faced leicester which were all spun solely on the wheel. Everything except the purple and green merino was dyed by me.

I took to the wheel like a duck to water so I achieved my original challenge on about day 4 I think. So I re-challenged myself to finish up all the spinning I'd started on the spindle and also learn how to Navajo ply. All done and I'm a very happy little chicken!

I thought this was a brilliant idea and I really enjoyed taking part. Thanks Katherine for organising it.

5 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Wow, that's a lot of spun yarn! Such great colours, too!

DianeM said...

Gulp! You make me feel very unproductive! Can you knit as fast as you can spin? ;-)

I love the pink, and think I've already mentioned I LOVE the wensleydale.

Cheryl said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! You really got a lot done!

Rain said...

You got so much done. Anybody would think you'd been spinning on that wheel for years.

Woolly Wormhead said...

You certainly have to taken to that wheel, haven't you? Brilliant - well done!