Thursday, August 10, 2006

An Idea

Because I'm such a slacker and don't do an awful lot during the week, I'm always stuck for a mid week post. So I've decided to scan and post some of my old photos. I've always loved photography and while I wouldn't dare say I'm an accomplished photographer (!) I don't lack in quantity what I might lack in quality!

The first picture I want to share is one of my all time favourites. I took it at Sudeley Castle in 1986 shortly before I went back to Australia after my first 6 month visit to the UK. I had just missed the falconry display and only managed to catch the very end of the question and answer session. To take the photo I literally stepped between two people, pointed, quick focus and click! I love the way the falcon is looking straight at the camera and the man, looking down, appears very pensive. Add in the misty, atmospheric background and, to me, its the best picture I've ever taken. At the time I had a Canon AE1 Program, I adored that camera!

4 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Oh yes that's a fab photo.. . . . . and if I might say - a very nice looking specimen! - the bird's cute too!!!!

Rain said...

That's a very cool photo.

Cheryl said...

You're right, it's a gorgeous photo. So much to it, too. Well done.

Silvia said...

It is a great photo and I think you captured the moment.
Looking forward to seeing more
PS: When your right your right!! I love the wensleydale