Sunday, August 20, 2006

No Longer A Secret

I've decided to show off the SP8 gifty I'm knitting. Its only 2 weeks to go to the reveal so I'm not really giving away the secret! I'm knitting a pair of socks (surprise!) in Posh Yarn's merino/cashmere blend in Pillar Box red. Gorgeous yarn and colour. Fortunately they are a bit big for me otherwise I'd be tempted to keep them. The pattern is garter rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. If these arrive in your letterbox you'll know I'm your pal!

I've also joined a stitchmarker swap on Swapbot. Here they are and they'll be winging their way to the US tomorrow.




Finally, my Great Bookmark Exchange parcel arrived on Friday. Poor Juli has been harrassing USPS for weeks trying to find out where it got to because its taken 5 weeks to get here! No indication on the package why it was held up. Its here and that's the important thing. It was a great gift, really lovely crocheted bookmark, some interesting teas and a book I've wanted to read for a while. How did she know? Spooky!

3 comments:

Laura said...

The stitchmarkers are fab! I've just taken a look at Swapbot - what a cool site..It's making me think of organising my own swap!

Dixie said...

Those stitch markers are so cute! Love those red socks!

You have some great treats there.

Rain said...

The socks look lovely and the red is fabulous.

The bookmark is really pretty - well worth the wait.