Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Spendies Have Landed

In order they appeared on my door step. :-)

Books: Inkle weaving by Helene Bress, Rigid Heddle Weaving by Betty Davenport and Learning to Weave by Deborah Chandler. The first two are fairly self explanatory - they teach how to use the looms they're named after. The Chandler book teaches how to weave on a four shaft loom. So I think I have all my bases covered there.

Next we have threads. I bought some undyed 2 ply laceweight wool, two small skeins of undyed silk and some dyed 4ply cotton from Texere. I also bought some DMC Perle Cotton no. 5 in my lunch break today. You'll be seeing my attempts to weave with these threads sometime soon.

Finally, just arrived today we have the inkle loom. In all it's flat packed glory. My job tonight is to put it together and make some heddles out of cotton. I don't think I'll be able to actually weave on it until tomorrow because I'll have to wait for the glue to dry.

Stay tuned, this could be... interesting!

3 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

oooh can't wait to see more! How exciting!

Wye Sue said...

I might have some more Texere threads going spare if you want - purple, blue & pink all very thin....
Think we might have to have a coffee in a few weeks time ;-)

Rain said...

Ooo a loom. There's no stopping you - you're like a one woman cottage industry.