Monday, October 16, 2006

Ally Pally Haul

061015-3
First up and first purchase of the day was 200gms of Jacob x Suffolk fleece, some black merino tops and two clamps with spikes on. :-) Not a medieval torture device, they are used instead of warping pegs for measuring the warp for my loom. I should have bought three but there were only two on the stand. Looks like I'll be making a phone call to The Handweaver's Studio which is, of course, where this little lot came from.

061015-2
These are some wool batts from Piiku. They are such a divine colour. I so wish I'd bought more but by the time I bought these I was beginning to worry about getting all my shopping home! They have the most fantastic range of colours.

061015-7
Last of the fibre purchases, alpaca on the left and natural black wensleydale on the right. As you know, I just love spinning wensleydale. The alpaca is such a gorgeous brown. I don't normally do brown but how could I resist this loveliness? These were from The Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop.

061015-4
Koigu and Fleece Artist sock yarn from Get Knitted. I know I don't need to tell you how delicious either of these yarns are.

061015-5
Silkwood yarn - yummy! I could have bought the whole stand!

061015-6
Finally some bits and bobs.

There were other purchases (from Hip Knits and Fyberspates for example) but as they are for various swaps and secret pals you don't get to see them!

I met tons of bloggers on Thursday at Ally Pally and I'll do another post with all the details plus how I got on teaching people how to knit but now I'm mega-tired and need another early night!

I want to say a huge thanks to Purlpower for being my fantastic Hot Socks spoiler. I suspected she was my pal but its nice to be certain! I also want to say thanks for all the comments I've had recently. I've rather fallen behind with replying to them but I really appreciate them! So if you haven't heard back from me, you have now! ;-)

Vicarious enough for you cobber? :-)

No comments: