Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibres and I prefer wool, silk, alpaca etc to cotton. I have been known to knit with acrylic and will again if the project calls for it! I really can’t stand crispy, crinkly, squeaky acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A selection of glass vases.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I was taught the basics as a kid by my mother although I'm mostly self-taught. I would say intermediate/advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep at Amazon.co.uk (search on my real name!)

5. What's your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like herbal/floral natural aromatherapy scents like lavender, patchouli, citrus (I love lime!). I don’t like rose and a lot of commercial perfumes and scents give me headaches.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
Oh yes! I’m a chocoholic.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, dye and weave. I’ve done a lot of crafts over the years but have lost interest in most of them these days. Its all about fibre all of the time!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play mp3s and I’m a rock chick – give me Bon Jovi, Nickelback or U2 any day!

9. What's your favourite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
I’m not really keen on red, brown or pastels. Favourites are purple, green, blue.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m single and live with my Mum and our border collie, Maxi.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats and mittens – yes. No ponchos!

12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
Small things like socks, hats, mittens, gloves etc.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, mittens, Branching Out from Knitty

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes! Please!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
Straight or circs and prefer bamboo/wood. I like Addis too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a swift, niddy noddy and ball winder

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I recently had a major rip out session and don't really have any UFOs. Branching Out has been longest on the needles at about 2 months-ish?

18. What is your favourite holiday?
I don’t really have a favourite but I love winter.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I have a small collection of teddy bears and a growing collection of fibre related books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t subscribe to any magazines but I’ve recently fallen in love with Interweave Knits and Spin Off. I’d like to see what Knit Picks products are like as they won’t ship here, otherwise I’m not really fussy!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I still haven’t learnt 2 socks on 2 circs!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Foot length: toe to heel: 9.5 inches, toe to ankle: 7.5 inches. Foot circumference: 8.5 inches. Ankle circumference: 8.6 incehes. I wear a UK size 6, which is equivalent to a US size 7.5 - I think!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
14th June

No comments: